I have a tan carpet throughout most of my house and I have already steamed it once in the last 3 months and you cant tell I did. HOW DO I KEEP MY CARPET CLEAN??? Noone eats in there noone spills I dont know what to do!

AmY403

Asked by AmY403 at 6:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I have a tan colored carpet and we remove our street shoes and put on house slippers, even company, sorry! I do not allow food on the carpeted areas, and we only drink clear beverages- WATER or SPRITE or nothing! Of course my kids have milk or apple juice- just not on the carpeted areas. Our dogs cannot even go to the carpeted areas, they are only allowed on the bottom floor of our house which is hardwood floor. We bought a HOOVER deep steam cleaner and clean with that at least twice a month. I've had this carpet for about 8 years and people think it's new when they visit they always ask "Who did my new carpet?" The stains do not come back on my carpet and it's probably because of the stuff we use: OXY CLEAN and RESOLVE for high Traffic areas. I also put a little baking soda and half a cup of vinegar- that helps keep the pet odors down. People usually can't SMELL that we have 2 dogs.
    calatres

Answer by calatres at 8:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Let me know too! Same problem!

Must be something with that color of carpet, it shows a lot of stains.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Was that professionally steamed? If so, I'd call them about it. If not, do it again after it dries fully. The dirt rises from the bottom and will come up after a second or third cleaning. I have had to do this just to see how much I have to work at getting spills up.
    Momchipomkids

Answer by Momchipomkids at 10:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• does anyone wear shoes in the house? How about pets? Id make a no shoes policy and ban dogs to a tiled room after coming in when the ground is wet
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:53 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• of course we wear shoes I cant stand to be without them, i know wierd. And no NO PETS i hate to have dogs inside it makes me paranoid.
    AmY403

Answer by AmY403 at 1:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• okay how about no shoes but slippers are cool and dont wear the slippers outside to get the paper LOL
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 1:13 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Hm I might hav eto start doing that. At least to see if it makes any difference to see where there all coming from! Thanks for the help!
    AmY403

Answer by AmY403 at 4:41 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Spray the carpet with scotch guard after cleaning.

FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Please if you figure that out let me know. This house that we bought 3 years ago still has cream colored carpet. Cream colored carpet and Georgia Red dirt do not mix. I was cleaning my carpets every other month and that was pushing it. So I invested in a shampooer. It has begun to slowly pay for itself. Especially since we have a puppy we're training.
    mama_lou

Answer by mama_lou at 4:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I have a similar colored carpet and I literally have to steam clean it once a month or you can't tell I did it. I have a Hoover steam cleaner which I really am glad I have. The stains reappear after a few weeks. I would purchase a cleaner it'll be worth it. I bought mine off of e-bay for super cheap and its still going strong 8 years later.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2008