Quiche

Does anyone know how to make a quiche? Do you HAVE to use cream in them? All I've been able to find is recipe's that have cream...any help would be appreciated!

cherrygirl87

Asked by cherrygirl87 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Food & Drink

• You don't have to use cream. Some of my recipes call for evaporated milk. You could use just plain milk. If you want it to be a little richer, substitute some melted butter for part of the milk. I've got a bunch of different recipes, and they are all different. My good friend once told me that recipes are merely suggestions, anyway, so I say go for it!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I agree w/ the other post. I sometimes sub milk, evaporated milk or even half & half. Whatever's on hand! The only difference will be the density and the creamy texture.
    livdear

Answer by livdear at 8:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• The cream will really make the quiche more fluffy and more solid. If i omit a lot of cream i will use a extra egg or two so it is not so runny. but hat will be less fluffy. I agree that recipes are suggestions. My mom hates eggs but loves my quiche!
    28yroldgranny

Answer by 28yroldgranny at 9:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Here's mine!

Make a normal pie crust (uncooked)

Filling: 2 Tb chopped onion,1/4 cup butter,3 Tb flour, 1/2 teas. Salt,1/8 teas. Pepper,1 Cup milk,4 eggs, 1- 10 oz. spinach (thawed and drained),1/2 cup bacon,1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese

Sauté onion and butter, blend in flour, salt and pepper. Add milk, cook stir until smooth and thick.

Beat eggs- temper eggs with hot mixture then add into hot mix

Cook 1 min. Remove from heat. Stir cheese in until melted and add other stuff
    (Spinach, bacon, etc)

Bake 375 30-40 min or knife is clean when stuck in.

This is for a florentine quiche. You can really put anything into the basic egg mix.

Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2008