can you get preg by missing one pill?

I usually take my birthcontrol at like 7pm well i slept with my boyfriend and forgot to take it till 2am that morning can you get preg by not taking it on time...like do your chances go up any?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• From what I've heard, yes.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• you can get pregnant even when you are on the pill so yes there is a chance slight but its still there.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• It really just depends on how your body responds to the pills. How far into the pack were you?

Some people can take it at random times during the day and not get pregnant, others take it faithfully at the same time every day and still get pregnant.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 3:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If you didn't miss a day completely you are most likely fine.

You can get pregnant on BC but if you have been on it for more than a couple months and do not regularly have to double up pills because you completely skipped a day I would place money on you being just fine.

Chances of getting pregnant go up with antibiotic usage, excessive recurrent missed/skipped pills. My OB told me BC has evolved from the take this every 24 hrs at the exact same time type of protection that it was years ago, and that as long as you don't regularly take it more than 24 is hours apart you are fine.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I did!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• oooooh yeah
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2010