Help! Irate nanny accused me of child abuse. How do I get through this!?

I fired my nanny for constantly calling in, and I was beggining to suspect she was using drugs.(whole other story!) She had people at my house when I wasn't there and my 4yo said she hit her. So I sent her a text telling her we found someone else. She texted back calling my kids retarded, and other names, saying she was going to call CPS to take my kids etc. For the record, I do not hurt my kids!! She continued to text for two days. She tried to tell me she sees me drink and beat my kids(once again, never happened). Lie after lie after lie. I showed the police her messages and let them check my kids. THey said my kids are just fine and were very nice. I also filed a restraining order on her. So 2 weeks later the PD calls me asking if I had heard from her and asking for her #. I gave it to them and told them I hadn't seen her. What is going on? I have nothing to hide. I just want it to stop. continued

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Don't worry about it, you have nothing to hide and you've already taken the appropriate steps to prove she is nuts. They probably asked for her number because she is the one that is in trouble, probably stuff that has nothing to do with you. I doubt if they were suspecting you of anything they wouldn't have called you and asked for her number. They know the kind of person she is, they deal with dirtbags all the time. Just live your life, nothing is going to happen to you and your kids. Good luck:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 3:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I would call and report it, and have a restraining order put against her.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I just feel like a can't trust anyone anymore and I wonder what else went on while I was at work now. My kids don't say anything. THey are too little. I don't know what else to do. It just really bothers me that someone can make stuff up and call authorities because they want to retaliate. I can't quit my job, we need the $$$. I have them at a new place, but I'm so paranoid and always feel like I have to explain everything all the time! I hate it!

Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Wow... did you check all her references before you hired her? Crazy!!!
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 3:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If you have nothing to hide and CPS does come knocking just let them look and talk to them. They get these kinds of calls all the time I heard.

Answer by louise2 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I've never used it but maybe you could get a nannycam next time
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 3:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Already done both. I am paranoid about who ever watches my kids now. What are they doing when I'm not there! I checked background, etc. and still! It makes me want to quit and stay home all the time.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• yah Nannys are very hard to pick and I'm sorry you got a bad one I truly am
    cookoo49

Answer by cookoo49 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Don't worry mama, I have a feeling everything will be good. I think it's good you have a restraining and saved her texts. Don't respond to her at all if she contacts you. Just follow your restraining order.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• we are getting one, I'm still scared I'll watch it and see something I don't want to see! lol They are at a daycare part time now. But I still have to work nights and have someone in my home every other week. It's so sad you can't trust anyone anymore. I was floored!! It didn't help when someone called me stupid because I didn't know. She was only here for a month.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2010