For fellow Christians

What is your favorite bible verse and how has it influenced you?

MommasCooCoo

Asked by MommasCooCoo at 4:41 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• John 14: 1-10. "Let not your heart be troubled. Believe ye in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions, etc." It is Jesus speaking to the apostles and is very soothing and educational. Grammie Barb
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• For I know the plans I have for you, "Declares the Lord", plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

This is a reminder that God already knows whats in store for us and is waiting on us to allow Him to lead us. Its awesome knowing that God already has planned out a wonderful future with all good things for us. If we can just keep from messing up his plans its all good.

motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 9:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Philippians 4:13 " I can do all things through Christ which strenghtheneth me"
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Jude 1:24-25 - To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious Presence without fault and with great joy - to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.
    Fuette

Answer by Fuette at 1:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Wow!! How do you pick a favorite verse!?! There are actually two that I always refer back to. Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
    The other one is Matthew 18:18-20. "Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in Heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in Heaven.' 'Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in Heaven.' "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them."
    zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• judge not lest ye be judged.
    that's pretty simple to understand.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:03 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight.  It influences me because it addresses my confusion and pain in situations (lean not on your own understanding) plus it has God specifically telling me everything's going to be okay since I trust him (i.e., He will make your path straight)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.
    kristinas8

Answer by kristinas8 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• As simple as it is and almost everyone knows it, John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believe in him should not perish but have everlasting life." The thought of me letting someone harm my child the way the Romans tortured our Lord juswt brings me to tears. If that doesn't say love then what possibly could.
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I love alot of bible verses but I think the one that comes to mind often is " I can do all things through Christ which strenthens me" Philipians 4:13. I like 1THessalonians4:13-18, and Luke21:28 also.
    momma2twingirls

Answer by momma2twingirls at 10:59 AM on Jul. 2, 2008