My son is starting Montesorri School tomorrow. Any tips???

He is 17 months old. And I have been given a job at a new buisness opening in a few weeks. I love being a SAHM but it is just necessary for me to work now in order for us to keep living the same life style we are used to. Anyway, how did your kids take their first day? How to deal if they cry?I am so nervous about it, he really hasn't been away from me longer than a few hours here and there with granny and papaw. What are some ways to make him feel comfortable and not feel like I am abandoning him

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He is so young he is going to feel abandoned. It's more important to young children that they are with their mom then that they maintain a certain lifestyle. Remember it's really day care and not school.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I know it is really day care...I was looking for words of encouragement not for someone to try and make me feel worse. By maintaining our lifestyle I mean, countining to live where we live, eat what we eat, have clothes etc. I didn't mean we were doing it to have anything lavish.
    BlainesMommy09

Comment by BlainesMommy09 (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• MOntessori is NOT a daycare...I have a friend who's kids are in Montessori and it is a very nice school...even for younger ones....they learn a lot. Being a good mommy means doing what you need to do, no matter what.

Kudos to you for being able to go back and better your life and family. I have enjoyed being home with my daughter for the last 2 years but we are losing our home because of my lost job. YOu do what you have to do, no matter what that is. and there is NOTHING wrong with teaching a young child social skills and meeting other little ones. That's how they learn. Sometimes I wish I was in the position to do the same with my DD...she gets SO bored being at home just us all the time. I take her to gym classes, swimming, etc. but it's very good for them to be social. Especially at that age. He will start becoming bored being at home all the time. I bet he has a GREAT time. It will probably be harder on you than him!!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:32 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Also, Don't pay attention to people who always want to bring you down. YOU are the ONLY one that knows what's best for your family :)
    calliesmommie

• just tell him to have fun and you will be back to pick him up.call when you need to for a check in.he will be fine.times have changes and we not in the 60's we can work and be mom so enjoy ur new job and ur son will enjoy his new school and be among his peers.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2010