What age does a woman start menopause??

I am 37 and my doctor says I am too young to go through menopause but I have been told that some women go through it at my age and younger,when I was in my twenties I use to have hot flashes but never really paid any attention to it.Lately I stay grumpy and have a headache alot and feel depressed,which I have anxiety problems nd depression is part of it,could this be early signs of menopause,my doctor dont think so neither doesmy OB.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Health

• When did your mother go through it? Both my grandma and my mother went through menopause when they were 43-44. I get a lot hot flashes now after having my son. I'm in my twenties now and expect to go through menopause in my early forties
    AJsMummy

Answer by AJsMummy at 8:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• While all of us are different it is possible to experience signs of menopause. I would ask your doctor to run some tests for you and also ask what else these symptoms could be. I found this web site which I feel will be very helpful to you. Safe menopause solutions says women can start experiencing symptoms anywhere from their early thirties to their late forties. You can use the link below to learn more.

http://www.safemenopausesolutions.com/ageofmenopause.html

Peace, <>
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 8:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Truly it is different for each woman. If your mother or grandmother went earliy then your chances are higher that you will. It will also depend on your health and some outside factors... 37 is NOT to young just on the very young side... I am 25 and I'm looking Medopause in the face. I've already started in to the normal pre-menopauseal symptoms... BUT most women in my family are through menopause by 45...

These symptoms can also be caused by other factors... Menopause is not the only reason for your hormones to go funky.... Once again you'd need to talk to a doctor.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I am in the same boat. I am going on 42 and I have the same symptoms. I have done a lot of research and found that we are going through what is called perimenapause. This actually starts in women as early as in their 30's. I have a little more difficulty though, I have to have a hysterectomy in may. OB can't find out why I am bleeding all the time. So the last step is hysterectomy. I can hardly wait.
    amateacher

Answer by amateacher at 12:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2008