labor

ok girls like I said b4 my doc stripped my membranes yesterday and I lost my mucous plug an hour afterwards. I had horrible contractions last night until 10pm and then they just went away. Today I have cleaned my whoooooooooooooooollllle house top to bottom, walked and walked and walked some more, and I've eaten a whole pineapple. lol I am debating taking castor oil. i have gotten approval from my doctor to do anything I can to get my labor going. does castor oil really work? i am planning on taking a hot bath as well and do some accupressure, and also go to the store. the only thing I can't do is have sex bc my doc doesnt want to risk an infection since I have lost my plug. you girls got any ideas? and no negativity please. thanks :)

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 3:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• all castor oil will do is give you the craps
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• blue or black cohosh but ask ur dr. to be sure first
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If your body and baby isn't ready. No matter what at home thing you try, it won't happen. Just lay back and relax. You have tried a million things with no luck already, why not get some sleep and rest before baby comes?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Wait. The baby will come when he/she is ready. Did you ask your doctor to break your water. That made me go into labor and have my DD. Castro oil will just give you the shits that is all.

Answer by louise2 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• black or blue cohosh is not recommended anymore, DO NOT use that. Bad advice.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:32 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• castor oil will give you the poops lol
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Castor oil will make you feel bad and won't make labor come. Babies come when they are ready. You are going to wear yourself out. Go rent some movies, put your feet up and relax.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2010