Would you hire a nanny to keep your child or children?

I would not, i do not trust to easy i would be worried ..

MTM

Asked by MTM at 3:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I never wanted anyone else to care for my children except me and their daddy. We did let them visit their grandparents, and even that was hard. We simply did not like not being with them.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• No, I trust no one but myself to take care of my children.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I'd hire a cook/housemaid but not anyone to take care of my child unless I'm at work. If I'm at home, he's home with me.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Yeah, if i got to know them first and i felt comfortable with them, and if i needed a nanny, yes.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• No. I'd prefer for them to go to daycare if needed.
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 3:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If I had an infant & I HAD to, I would do as much research as I could, get referrals & HIDE NANNY CAMS EVERYWHERE!!! If it was for a toddler, I would rather put him in a day care setting so he could play with other children and interact with others. Thank God I haven't had to do either and my DS starts pre-school soon, so I will be popping in unannounced every once in a while to check on him.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If I could afford one, needed one, and had excelent references about the nanny then I wouldn't see why not.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Is this off my last post? I had a nanny before this woman, that was loving, caring and provided structure for my kids. My kids were in their home and it was less than paying the $500 a week for only 3 days of care. When she moved I had to hire someone else. It's just like anything I guess. There are good ones, and bad ones. Sometimes no matter how much we try to weed them out one leaks through. I have seen LICENSED daycares get shut down for child abuse. So really it could happen on either end. License is just paper.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If I trusted and knew them, then yes...My sister was a nanny for years for the same 2 little girls and they are still very close..would I hire someone out of the paper...no.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I would hire a nanny before I put my children in day care. I would rather have household and personal help.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:37 PM on Aug. 17, 2010