I know in today's economy this is next to impossible but...

I'm looking (hoping) to find a job field to get into that I can stay at home and work. I know that's hard to find with this terrible economy, but I really don't like the idea of sending my 3 month old to a child development center/childcare center. And grandma can't watch him because she works (not to mention, she lives 45 mins away). I would like to take an online course and stay with him. Any suggestions?

s.gerhold0513

Asked by s.gerhold0513 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would love to share with you what I have been doing for the past little over a year part time all while staying home with my son. It has been best decision my fmaily has made. Let me know and I would love to share with you honey!
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 3:40 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• There are many online colleges that each have a specialty. You need to do your homework, and decide which fields you are interested in, if you have an aptitude for that field, if there is a demand for that field, and if you can expect to make a reasonable staring salary once you graduate so you can afford to pay back your student loans/fees, and start a solid career path.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If there is a community college in your area, call them or look at their website. I'm taking an online class from home through the college here. You could try that.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• A lot of medical transcriptionists work from home. You could also do freelance work like typing or writing. Or you could go back to school and take online courses. By the time you would graduate, your son would be in pre-school.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I have some ideas and opportunities in my Blog:  Mavi's Home Work.

There is also an article that I think you will like.  Did you know that your can attend online classes for free?  Check this out:

How to Get an Education Without Going to School

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2010