Please Help! Knee problem...

Last Sunday I fell off the back of our boat and hit my knee pretty hard on the ladder. I wasnt able to bend it for a good 36 hours without being in excrutiating pain. I took some ibprofen and it started getting a little better. We got home on saturday and while the pain was mostly gone, my knee was still popping when i bent it with pressure (like going up stairs). Well on sunday night, the back of my other knee brushed up against my bad one in bed and it just started throbbing again! When I woke up yesterday, it was still hurting. It only hurts to walk, and especially walk down stairs and its still popping. I can lay in bed and bend it and it with minimal pain and no popping. I try ibprofen but it really doesnt help the popping at all. Should I get it checked out? My dh says its probably a bruised bone, but that doesnt explain the popping. Oh and it never bruised on the outside if it makes a difference. Help!

Morgs7531642

Asked by Morgs7531642 at 3:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Health

• Get it checked out as soon as possible. Message me and let me know how it goes. U can go to a family doctor for that if u choose. But make sure where u go they have an onsite x-ray machine,they will want to look at it.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Would an orthepedic surgeon be better? I already have one from an old hip problem
    Morgs7531642

Comment by Morgs7531642 (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Have you heard of laser treatment? I receive class 4 laser treatment for my osteonecrosis, well I did before I got pregnant with my son (I need to go back in and repair the damage the pregnancy did). Before I started treatment, if I walked a mile I was down for the rest of the day. After I had done treatment (I did it once a month for 8 months) I could do a 4 mile power walk and still chase my daughter without knee and hip pain. I get mine done at my chiropractor's office, doing this will help keep me form having the full hip and knee replacements the orthopedic surgeon said I was destined to have by 30 (they told me this at 19). Continued...

hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 6:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• ... I highly recommend it to anyone with an injury or joint problems. The sooner you get it started the faster it heals with less treatments! My Chiro charges $40 for the treatment, but it varies per provider. Check out Laser Therapy for more information on what laser treatment is and how it works.

hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 6:37 PM on Aug. 17, 2010