Any advice on getting my son to potty train????

He pees in the potty just fine and he takes his diaper of after he pees but he refuses to poop in the potty? He tells me he can't or i don't want to see my poop mommy. Does anyone have advice ? Or a soltuion. He is also 3 years old.

nicksmom05

Asked by nicksmom05 at 7:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• when i first started training my twin boys i had to show them that their poo goes in the toilet. whenever they went in their diapers or underwear i dumped it in the toilet in front of them. and i would tell them that it belongs in the toilet. my sister in law got regular undies for her daughter the really pretty kind with characters and everytime she pooed in the undies she dumped the poo in the toilet and then made her daughter throw away the pretty undies because they were ruined. it only took a few times because she really liked her cute undies. i think that if you got superheroes or something that he likes then maybe this will work.
    CCCs

Answer by CCCs at 10:43 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• When "nature calls", you might need to demonstrate to your son the importance of using the toilet. Similar to the previous post, definitely use superheroes to encourage him to use the bathroom properly. In the meantime, you may want to consider visiting this incredible website called Nogginpower2. What was really beneficial about Nogginpower2 is that they offer a great deal of manuals on Getting great Grades, Discipline and Improving Social Skills. These packets from Nogginpower2 should help you teach your child to use the bathroom, in order for him to fit in society. They should also help come up with creative ways to help your child use the bathroom properly. I hope this helps. Thank you and good luck.
    paulacolls19715

Answer by paulacolls19715 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• The best way to potty train a boy is let him go in the bathroom with daddy to see what he does so he can mimic him.. Ive also heard of people putting cheerios in there and tell them to aim for it like its a game.
    Vonirae2

Answer by Vonirae2 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2008