Does breast feeding easier the second time around?

I was unable to feed my first baby because I was to big for her. I think my second kid will be bigger and I am woundering if it will be easier this time around.

NG.wife

Asked by NG.wife at 3:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It came more naturally to me the 2nd time around. I had a little experience tucked under my belt and was ablt to do it for a little longer and knew what to expect first hand rather than other people telling me their experiences.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I am doing MUCH MUCH better with BF this second time around. :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• It wasnt for me but I had ppd with my second and I didnt with my first.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 3:59 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• its different with every child, some have bigger mouths some have smaller, my son was good at breastfeeding but school made it so i couldn't feed him when he needed it so my body just stopped making milk. If you cant feed your baby right off you then i suggest pumping it for him/her. My mother had six children and she said the boys were easier to feed because they were so piggy about it ^_- they couldn't get enough.

But if your worried about your baby's mouth being too small for the feeding then try it normally, if it docent work then just pump yourself and put that into bottles for the little guy/gal. ^_^ good luck
    Lakoia

Answer by Lakoia at 4:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• For me it did but I was 21 when I had my lil man... I don't know if it was bc I was young or the sheer discomfort but I only was able to breast feed him for about 2-3 weeks. When my milk came in after having him I was so engorged & pumping did nothing to help.. my son & I were both so frustrated that I had to stop.
    However, @ the age of 24, when I had my daughter.... it came so much more natural & I was able to breastfeed her for the first 4-5 months.
    JacqulynClayton

Answer by JacqulynClayton at 4:08 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• For my friends and I, nursing has been different with each child :) Make sure that the hospital lactation consultant comes to see you to get you started - either that of find a doula who can come and be with you - many are experienced in latching baby on and positioning techniques.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Now you know it's not so easy. You can read more, attend LLL meetings, make sure you bf in the 1st hour, don't let anyone give bottles, and do the other things that help ensure bfing goes well. Only problem I had with my 2nd was too much milk.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I think it is easier the 2nd time around. Every baby is different but at least you have some idea of what to do, what worked and didn't work the first time.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• It varies. What do you mean by you were too big for her? What I suggest is getting the proper support, and start NOW. Seek out your local La Leche League and attend their meetings. Make connections there, that way you have support in place when you deliver.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2010