Mothers with autistic children out there?

I have a two year old whos bWould any moms out there with children with autism mind giving me some tips? Like:
How do you get them to take a nap
Whats your routine for bed time
How do you get them to communicate
How did you potty train them
What are some games or activities to help with autism improvement
Whats your daily schedule like
Do diets like low gluten work?
Where can i get affordable gluten free products?
How do you get your child to sit down for more than one minute, mine wont T_T.

any other tips on this subject would be helpful, thanks moms!

Lakoia

Asked by Lakoia at 3:55 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• One thing that you need to look into is having Early Childhood Development work with him. Getting him down for a nap will be an ongoing battle, so if you want, don't make him take naps, my son never did. He always slept well at night , so I didn't worry to much about that. I have not yet placed my son on a specfic diet, we are looking into that. The only way mine will sit is if he is strapped into his seat. One more thing, do a web search for Byonetics/Jean Genet. We just began using this therapy and are very excited to see the improvements our boy will begin to make. There is a parent network includede with the program, and everyone is very helpful.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 4:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Those are a lot of questions to try to answer in one post! I'd look for support in your area. For example, in my area we have a TIPS (Teacher/Infant/Parent support) coordinator who comes to our houses and works with families who have children with special needs. They also give information about other supports that are available in the area, including support groups, etc. Check to see if your local Early Intervention office has anything like this. Then, you'd have more hands-on help. That reminds me--see if your area has respite care available--someone to come and give you a break from time to time. Moms of children with special needs have needs, too!

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 4:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/76       Here's a whole bunch of us. Feel free to post all your questions here.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• my daughter is three
    has moderate autism
    she was in borth to three since she was two
    now it is over because she is three-miss the therapists
    look into that
    also read everything i can get hands on
    also speak to other moms-groups on this site
    you can message me, i am happy to talk about issues that come up
    mine has no cows milk or soy milk=improved her speech from two words with pause inbetween to three words with no pause

also NO artifical food dyes and as little perservatives as possible
    we are looking into gfcf diet, closet DNA doc is far away
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2010