what do u do when u cant handle your children?

scaredmaoftwins

Asked by scaredmaoftwins at 7:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well at a store, he is useally in a cart and i back away from him and let myself calm down...he likes to hit my chest and pull up my shirt to see his baby,

at home!! my son loves the movie shrek i pop that in i have an hour and a half to my self... or i put him in his room until i calm down... i go to where i cant hear him, and all is well
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 7:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• When I can't handles my children? You mean most of the time? lol

When my kids become too much, I make sure they are in a safe place (they are a older now-but when they were infants & toddlers) and I step away! I go outside to smell the fresh air and remember the good times with my kids. I try to think of one good thing in the past week that they did and focus on that. Usually when I walk back in, usually no more than 5 minutes, things have already calmed down by themselves. If not, I use a calm voice, get down to eye level, and talk to them. (Some fake tears doesn't hurt either if they are being totally unbearable).

The important thing is to stay calm and take a break if you need it.
    gigs5liz

Answer by gigs5liz at 7:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• So far so good with my little one. He throws tantrums now and then, but is a pretty easy baby. My older ones however...... UGH!! They were little monsters (and I use that in a loving way:)) when they were toddlers. I would put them in their rooms (they had their own), and take my own time out. Just long enough to cry for a minute and catch my breath.
    When we were in public and they started acting up, they got ONE warning. Then we left. I have left several carts full of stuff sitting in WalMart! lol.... To this day, they do not act up when we are out.
    Also, make sure you carve out some time for you. Either alone, with your DH, or with some girlfriends. You need time to refuel and hang out with grown ups!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• When my Oldest get out of hand I let them have it!! NO I don't beat the "S" word out of them I let my oldest throw his tantrum store or home. I know ppl can see it in my face that I am frustrated or overwhelmed but no one has said anything about him screaming and crying. So I just let him go and throw his fit (Normally it's over that fact that he can't get some thing lol) My youngest isn't at that age to throw fits just yet but I know they are brewing somewhere in side him wanting to get out!! and when that day comes I'm not sure what I'll do... Sigh... :)
    Leauna
    Leauna

Answer by Leauna at 9:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• when i seem to be a little stressed out i like to put my son in his room to watch a vidoe and then even if he screams i will go outside and get some fresh air. by the time i get back inside either DJay has calmed down or i am ready to "tackle" the situation with a little clearer mind set.
    Angel713

Answer by Angel713 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2008