$168 for second grade

I knew registration was going up, but that's about $40 more than last year, per student. I guess I should be happy we don't have to pay for supplies too, and they let us buy our own as cheaply or as expensive as we like. What's your registration fee this year? Did it go up?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in

• we don't pay any registration at all... but we pay plenty of taxes ;o(

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 4:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My sons not in school yet. But when I was in school in California it didn't cost anything unless you paid for the bus or had prepayed lunches. What state are you in?
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I'm in the same boat as Morgain.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Indiana. I know IL and CO have them, too, and that TX doesn't. Every state is different.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We pay $20 per child,$75 per household cap

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We paid $90 for our fifth-grader and $65 for our kindergartner. Then, we bought supplies for both kids and their classrooms (markers, scissors, glue--usual kids' supplies--and paper towels, hand sanitizer, tissues, disinfectant wipes, etc. for the classrooms). I thought about adding up the cost of the supplies, but I didn't want to get depressed.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 4:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Is that a private school registration fee? Because that's cheap for private school!

Mine started middle school last week, and we got hit up all at once for the student body card, gym uniform, yearbook, photos, PTSA.. only the uniform was required and that was $20. All the rest was around $80. Then we had to buy his supplies, which was around $30 more.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• There is not a registration fee at my children's school. They do however ask each parent for $5 for each student they have going there for C-Scope Materials. I will find out tonight what that is.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If I enrolled BOTH kids it would have been $100 for registration fees; $100 for recess milk (required) and $45 for 2 weeks of hot lunch (optional). So I would have been paying $245 for both of my kids ($123 per child) . I could save $45 by not doing hot lunches, but during the school year, when my kids went, I had them do a hot lunch. It was easier for me to do that then worry about packing a lunch, etc. If I enrolled them this year they would have been in 3rd and 4th grade.

For 6, 7, 8th the registration fee jumps to $75 per child. There is NO recess milk, but there is a required roller skating fee of $15. Lunch is still the same cost. So that would make it $113 per child. I have no idea what it for the high school!!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

No, that's public school. Tuition for the private schools around here run $2-3k for the first child and another thousand each additional.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2010