should i be upset that my best friend since the 6th grade didnt get my son anything he was born 2 months ago. told me she was mailing him a gift never did. it just feels weird from the person i consider my best friend.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't know about you, but I hate being lied to.I would rather get my feelings hurt and hear the truth,than be lied to.Maybe they aren't the friend you thought they were.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 4:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• why does she need to get your son anything?? That sounds petty to me

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 4:03 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• You should not be upset at all..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 4:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• She may have had good intentions of getting him something but then her finances could have gotten tight.And she hasnt told you because she feels bad and still intends to send something soon as she gets her money situated. You never know....Whatever her reason, I'm sure its a good one , I wouldnt be upset by it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I do not think you should be upset. Maybe she forgot to do it. Maybe money is tight and she just couldn't afford it. Maybe you told her about all the stuff you already have and she decided you didn't need anything else. Maybe she will still get him something later. You don't know all the circumstances nor what her reasons are. I would just let it go.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Dunno that I'd bother being upset about it. I always tell people they don't need to get anything. But your feelings are never right or wrong. They just ARE. It's what you DO with them that counts.

I would just realize that sometimes things don't happen and not give it a lot of thought. Is a long-term friendship worth less than an infant gift that would be outgrown in a few weeks?

Answer by gdiamante at 4:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I think you are being petty... Are you sure it didn't get lost in the mail?
    Jadegirl1819

Answer by Jadegirl1819 at 4:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• well i didnt expect gifts from any of my friends due to the fact that they just don't have any money they can spare. You shouldn't be insulted over it, its probably due to her forgetting or maybe just not having the spare time or money to get it. if your really worried about it then just calmly talk it over with her.

Personally i wouldn't care about the gift so long as your baby's happy and healthy. ^_-
    Lakoia

Answer by Lakoia at 4:11 PM on Aug. 17, 2010