Ahhh my 3 yo peed on my couch!! Help!!

Just got this couch 6 mos ago. I have scrubbed it, used upholtstery cleaner, baking soda, carpet shampooer and it still smells awful!! I'll try anything once!

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i wish i had the answer I've tried everything it seems like
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I have no idea, have you tried oxiclean or borax? Borax is amazing at cleaning anything! We refuse to buy new furniture or carpet until our son is in first grade- and even then, he won't be allowed a snack or drink in the living room anymore.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 4:11 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Try some frebreeze,or oust
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We needed new couches....badddd! Our other one broke!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Borax work great on urine.
    dana63

Answer by dana63 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• hmmm, I'm hearing borax a lot! It won't hurt microfiber will it?
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Your problem is likely in the foam/cushion. You will have to unzip the cover, take out the cushion, spray it down with Lysol, wash it in the bath tub or w/ a water how, wring the hell out of it, put it in front of a fan to dry, then spray it with Lysol again. With the cushion cover off, you should be able to either machine wash it (cold, no dryer) or rinse it in the tub. It's very difficult to completely remove the smell of urine from fabrics once it's dried in, but with all these topical treatments, you're just covering it up. You must remove the urine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I use a product called Folex, got it at Lowes or your food store works great. Got an old black spot up and I didn't know what it even was. Also, have been told use a pet odor remover, they work prettty good too.I used Champion, Oxy Odor & Stain Remover, and it really worked for our puppy accidents., I got that in the grocery store. Try it on a spot on the back of the sofa 1st to make sure it doesn't take the color out.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 5:02 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Sol-U-Mel works great on cat urine - My cats have peed on my couch and I saturated it with Sol-U-Mel and it took the stain and odor out - maybe it'll work on this...
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 5:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• DH uses the iron. He steams the couch with the iron. You can put scented linen water in the iron.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2010