Public Scool or Private?

Do you/would you rather send your kid to private or public school? Why?

I would definetly send my dd to public school. In my area the public schools are just as good acedemically, if not better than private schools. Plus, I think paying a couple grand every year for elementary school or middle school is ridiculous. And most of them are catholic schools, Im far from being catholic haha.

Morgs7531642

Asked by Morgs7531642 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in

• Private School. I don't have to really worry about violence and keeping up with the fashion for kids.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• In general, I think private can have its advantages, but where we are, there's nothing remotely close to outdoing what we have available at public school. It was just luck of the draw that they started a pilot program at DS'sschool shortly after he was born, and it's grown to the point that it's nationally recognized now in time for him to attend.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• it would be 1200/month to send my two kids to private school. So we do public. At elementary age, I think our public is good. If I had the money, I'd send them to private boarding school for high school. I went to boarding school and it was leaps and bounds better than our public school and even harder than University of Oregon my first two years.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My public school system is dreadful, but there is no way to afford to send three kids to private school. Most of which are Catholic, so that is not an option for me and the charter schools here are not run very well.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• While the public schools might not be all that everyone thinks they should be I work at a public school and so I have insider info Private has it's down falls also. They can and do get into just as much trouble and the costs are high.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Neither ... homeschool
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Private school. Because my husband wants our kids to attend the same school as he did. I have no problem with public schools. Our school district is great.

Private school can have violence just like any other type of school.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 6:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I teach at a public school and my son will go to public school when he is of age. Any school is what you make of your opportunities imho.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Public, but if I lived in an urban area - private.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 11:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• private
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:07 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

Next question in
$168 for second grade

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Baby Hiccups?