If your ex was asking if you were seeing someone would you tell him?

My ex (the father of my two kids, not the one on the way) Is asking me things about if I had a job. Whats going on in my life. If I was seeing someone.
I decided to just tell him about things that have been resolved that he already knew about before I left. I dont want to tell him where I work because I dont want him to cause a problem like he did at the job when we were together.
He already suspects that Im seeing one. But to come out and tell him, I dont feel comfortable, let alone to tell him Im pregnant. The thing is he isnt a stable guy. He was abusive towards me But I guess Im going to have to tell him sooner or later that Im pregnant. Shoot. How would I do that? Is it any of his business, cant he just find out when he sees me or when I have the baby. Do I actually have to tell him before hand?

Shani527

Asked by Shani527 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• You don't owe him no explanation concerning your own personal life outside of the kids that you share. It is none of his business, and I feel that the father of your unborn would feel the same.
    Tasha555

Answer by Tasha555 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• if its not about the kids you arent obligated to tell him anything.. unless you want to
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 4:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• it's none of his fucking business. if you're not friends, tell him to mind his own.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Does he have visitation with your children? If so he will find out that way. But if you really dont want to tell him just let him find out on his own. Since he is your ex you are in no obligated to tell him anything unless it involves the children you have together.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• The only thing that he should be concerned with is his 2 kids. You dont have to tell him whats going on with you. Just tell him its none of his business and leave it at that.
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I survived an abusive marriage & we had a son together & I have gone thru the exact same issue. Here's my advice: Tell him you're seeing someone else. If you don't, someone else will. Not to mention, you can't & shouldn't hide your pregnancy for long. It's a scary thing but understand that this man no longer controls you or your life decisions. As far as work, it's not his place to know your business so no, I wouldn't tell him where you work. It's really hard to get away from the "grip" these men have on us, even after seperating, but I can tell you hun, IT DOES GET EASIER :)
    Send me a friend request & if there's anymore advice I can offer, drop me an email :)
    JacqulynClayton

Answer by JacqulynClayton at 4:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• It shouldn't matter that you are seeing someone else, or a preggo. but I understand what your saying. If he doesn't see the kids, & doesn't have any other friends with you in common that might tell him that your pregant, don't worry about it, But if he does see the kids, & you guys do have friends in common, it might be better for him to know before hand, if you think he'll do something stupid when he finds out. Not only for your job, but also for your children. I dont think he has a right to know, but if you are worried, then maybe you should tell him.........
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 4:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• its none of his business
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 7:31 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Um, you can always get figaro to tell him! LMAO!!! ;) Unless it is about your children WITH him, it isn't any of his business. Him asking you is him trying to control you. I'm such a pain in the ass, I'd turn it around and give him answers that would drive him insane. But, if you have kids that isn't a good idea, I don't have kids with my ex. But you don't owe him anything anymore, except answers about your kids. That's it.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2010