Thoughts?

I was thinking about taking my 6 month old to the aquarium this weekend. I think she would enjoy it she loves to look at our fish tank. Do you think there's any point because its not like she'd remember it but still I know she would enjoy it now. Its just kind of expensive.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The visual stimulation, social interaction, and verbal interaction would be an educational experience in itself. YES! Take her. Usually they don't charge for infants but you might want to check. Expose your children to as many things as possible. It will help stimulate their cognitive development, their understanding and thinking skills will improve leaps and bounds the more they exposed to a variety of things.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 4:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If you never did anything for infants because they wouldn't remember then they would always be at home, no toys, no entertainment etc. If you think she would enjoy it, do it. Take pics that way you can show her when she is older :)
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• No, she'll get about as much out of it as she would sitting in front of your own fishtank for free. Wait a couple of years until she really knows what's going on.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 4:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If you can't afford it,skip it. Save the trip for when she's older.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If it's expensive then I would wait until she was old enough to express enjoyment and really have a good time not only watching but experiencing the Aquarium. If you waited til she was old enough to remember she would have to be 7 or so! My DD just went with my dad to the Ga Aquarium. She is 2 and a half. She had a ball, looking, touching, walking around, learning the names of the fish, seeing a 'real shark!' She won't remember but she had a ball!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Why do you think they won't remember it? Tell her what everything is, give it a name, tell her what it does, where it lives, it will expand her vocabulary. What a fun thing to do especially if it is a family outing. The bond formed each time you do something together is an asset in itself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• JMO - too young for the amount of money they charge. I didn't take our kids to places like that until they were walking and could really enjoy the hands on area with starfish, etc. But if you would enjoy taking her there then that's what you should do.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I would say take her, take ots of pictures and maybe even write a little note to go with the pictures about the time. She might not remember it but when she is older she will have your memories of that special time.
    Momma2Miranda

Answer by Momma2Miranda at 4:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I'd still take her. We started taking DD to the zoo at age 3 months. Even though she couldn't remember anything, we still took pictures and got her a few souvenirs.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We took our son about that age, he had a blast, & since makes us take him every year.... Hes five now. Just take lots of pictures =) Even if she doesn't remember it, You will.......

if you can't afford it, then dont, but if you can, go, what do you have to loose? besides a few bucks, & an afternoon with your child?

If you go, Have fun.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 4:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2010