25% effaced and 0 Dilation and spotting after being checked?

im 36 weeks and 2 days along and i went for my visit today im 25%effaced and not dilated at all, which is fine seeing as that i have 4 more weeks but i was wanting to know how long it takes for your cervix to thin out and also when i was check today came home peed and was fine but not there was a little blood is this normal?

CJJSBmy5

Asked by CJJSBmy5 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Blood came from irritation with being check. I don't recommend anyone getting check, it tells you nothing. You can be thinned and really dilated for weeks or closed up and thick until the second labor starts.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I walked around at 5cm for 5 weeks. Effacement is an ongoing longterm process. It doesn't just start when you are in labor. I agree with the first post, I spotted every time I got checked.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• so me being 4 weeks away and only 25% could mean past due date?
    CJJSBmy5

Comment by CJJSBmy5 (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• You could go from 0% effaced and 0 cm to 100% and 10 cm in an hour (or less)
    or you could be 25% effaced for the next 6 weeks and then have your baby.
    getting checked really doesn't do much for guessing when your baby will come. :) gl
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• due date is the middle of your due month, not your deadline. Merely a middle day. 40 weeks is only an average and 42 is still on time. If after 42 weeks, you are still pregnant, then, you can consider yourself overdue. But, most first babies, if left to come on their own, will come at 41 weeks and and 1 or 2 days. And you being being 25% now means nothing. You might start labor and dilate tonight.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:03 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• well i guess my thing is i was wanting to know about effacing and all cause im being induced in three weeks cause my husband is OTR and and i am alone so i dont want to go into labor alone or without him... i was just wanting to make sure that nothing would happen between now and then lol.... funny most moms are like bring it and im like stay in there buddy
    CJJSBmy5

Comment by CJJSBmy5 (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I don't believe in inductions. However, In your case, I can understand the need. LOL I prefer mine to stay in as long as possible even if that means 44 weeks. LOL I hope your body is ready to go at that time. Because it can hamper the progress if you aren't. Be sure to get up and move around. Be prepared for a c-section just in case. And it can take hours for a normal birth and I would postpone getting an epidural or forgo one altogether if I were you. Sometimes Pitocin and Epidurals counteract each other and make babies heartrate drop causing the doctor to tell you it is an emergency and you "need" a c-section when in reality, they can just turn down all the medicine.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:37 PM on Aug. 17, 2010