How long were you married before having kids?

How long was it just the two of you? Do you miss it a little or was it just time to grow the family?

katinthehat8914

Asked by katinthehat8914 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 9months and 2 weeks. I found out I was preggo 6 weeks or so after we got married.
    fireflymcl

Answer by fireflymcl at 4:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• 6 years
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:40 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I was 5 months pregnant when i got married.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Five years. We were ready for a family, and now that it's just the two of us, we found we were ready for it to just be the two of us again.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• 3 years. I still miss it but family is good too.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• we were together one year when I became pregnant. We didn't marry until our son was 16 months old. I love my kids more than life itself, but I do miss it being the two of us sometimes. I also sometimes wish we would have waited because if we had more time together, just the two of us, maybe things would have been a little easier, but maybe not :)
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 4:49 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• 3 years. I miss it sometimes but I've always wanted kids.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 4:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• 13 years!! Yup, we both worked full time and traveled a lot. I really didn't want to get pregnant for the first 6 years. I was having too much fun. Then at 30 we started to try. The result was multiple miscarriages. Finally, I had enough & did two rounds of IVF and I finally had my Son at 39!! If I did it all again, I would have done IVF sooner but it all works out in the end. We will be married 18 years in October!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My first baby was born a month before our second wedding anniversary. It was just about the right time, being in my mid-twenties.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We were married 8.5 years by the time DD was born. The idea was we'd both be done with school by the time kids got there.... when we started trying we expected it to take a LOT longer. So DD's here, and DH is ALMOST done with his PhD, she's 19 months now.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 5:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2010