I'm having a boy....now what?

I am looking for some advice on how to raise a boy. I have never even changed a boys diaper before...this could be interesting. lol

Conley639

Asked by Conley639 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• #1 Rule when changing a boys diaper "Make sure you have something to cover his weewee when you take the diaper off or you'll be taking a urine shower. Cause their pee can go a long way.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I cried when I found out I was having a boy. Then as it turns out I have two boys. Boys are GREAT! They are just less emotional it seems when I compare them to little girls and my nieces. I don't know. One thing to know is that boys are physical. They need to play hard and get exercise. Girls will sit and play for hours. Boys get crazy if they don't expend energy. That's the key. Congrats!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Point his little penis down in the diaper too. Or he will pee out the top and flood his clothes.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• lol. Honestly, changing thier diapers are not much different than changing a girls diaper. Its a pee and poo...you wipe till clean. You may want to take extra precaution to not let the pee pee stay uncovered for too long, you may get a squirt,lol.
    AS far as raising a boy..as with any kid..you just go with the flow. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Take childbirth classes, attend La Leche League meetings, hire a Doula for labor and postpartum. Read books about childbirth, breastfeeding, child care, child development, ect. Learn stress management techniques.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• lol I don't have any answers for you, but I know where you are coming from! After three girls, I am having my first boy, and sometimes I just think 'what the heck do I do with a boy?' lol
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I have a soft spot for little boys.My youngest was a boy and he is my heart.He was the kind of baby who climbed in your lap and gave you slobber kisses.and hugs with his fat little dimpled arms.now he is 12.I miss those days.Get all the hugs and kisses you can.Boys are fun.Keep a sense of humor too.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 4:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Thank you all for your comments. And just so you girls know, I have invested in a pee pee tepee...lol we will see how it works. LOL

Conley639

Comment by Conley639 (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• point the wee-wee down in the diaper! :)
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 4:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I have both - I have a son and a little girl.
    #1 rule when putting on fresh diaper - point it down. Otherwise he will leak, guaranteed.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2010