my ex kept trying to talk to me.why?

This really isn't a question.But last weekend I went to a funeral and to someone's house afterwards.He kept walking up to me smiling.I put whipped cream on some strawberry short cake and he said "That sounds like you sneezed.Ha ha"I don't want or need to talk to him.Our kids are in their 20's.My current husband was there with me too.He didn't say what he really wanted.I walked away.He was an abusive cheater who woldn't keep a job or pay bills.I don't want to talk to him.

evelynwest

Asked by evelynwest at 4:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Perhaps he feels a little guilty for the way he treated you and was hoping you could be friendly with him.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• hopefully no one dies again soon
    so you do not have to see him again

abusive men are all about control
    he just wanted to have some control over you again, even if it was just in a quick conversation at a funeral
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• You did the right thing. Ignored and walked away.

Sounds like he was being an idiot and thought that maybe you would still be interested in him.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Men are dense... he probably thinks you two can be "pals" now - you know... water under the bridge. What an idiot!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 4:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Maybe he's just trying to open the airway so to speak. maybe he knows what a jerk he was, or maybe he just wanted to see how you are doing. Who really knows why ex's do things.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 4:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• he was probably looking to try to get laid... after all, you put up with being cheated on for a while, in his narcissistic twisted mind you're still on the list.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2010