have you forgotten about the Bombing of the Murrah Federal Building in downtown Oklahoma City? It was bombed by Timothy McVeigh a christian. so are you afraid of the christians running for office? Should this play a major role as well?

before you start bashing. read the questions carefully. This is a question for those that said they are afraid because supposedly Obama is a muslim and they are all to blame for 911.

ny.chica

Asked by ny.chica at 7:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• THANK YOU!!!! I have tried to make this point so many times, and growing up in Oklahoma the bombing hit us hard. I was only in elementary school but to know that that kind of violence was going on so close to my home was scary for us. This is why its important not to judge because of our RELIGION. Adolf Hitler was also a "Christian" and decided to wipe out the Jews. So does that mean that mean that McCain is a Jew-hating bomber? Nope. Does it mean that Obama is a terrorist-Muslim, no.

Obama 08!
    ElijahsMommy58

Answer by ElijahsMommy58 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• you know i dont feel you really understand that nor do i and i was there i was in 3rd grade when that happened and my school was there at the Murrah building when it happened and 2 of my friends died and the rest of us hurt badly and my grandmother worked at the tax commison which is just a stones throw from where it use to be and i wish people would use other examples of things cause i can tell you now thats memories i dont want
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• *high five*

=]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• P.S I don't think all muslims are responsible for 911 and I don't think all chrsitians are responsible for Oklahoma city Bombing.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 7:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• and yes i had to answer you have it all in the title
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• iloveyall2008 .........you know i dont feel you really understand that

that I don't understand what?

i wish people would use other examples of things cause i can tell you now thats memories i dont want

I wish people would not use 911 as example either because I can tell you that those are not memories I like having on a daily basis.

I happen to think is only fair to compare the 2. since some very ignorant people continue to post their hate here using 911 as a reason not to vote for Obama.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 7:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

it is your right to answer. thankfully there is still freedom of speech in this country.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 7:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• The Oklahoma City Bombing was a horrible national tragedy and should not be forgotten. And ny.chica, I think you make a excellent point- that we should not generalize the actions of a few crazed radicals to the whole of a group.
    21stCenturyMom

Answer by 21stCenturyMom at 7:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I am not scared of either side because of their religion. I dislike McCain because of his policy.

I fear the Klingons.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 7:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• cause not everyone uses that as a reason i havent heard that reason in a long time and really what do you know of the OKC Bombing probanly the same as everyone else does NOTHING and McVeigh only became christian in jail for an FYI and it was because he thought it would get him exicuted faster he wanted it
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2008