Gardening Therapy? I go to my gardens when the kids are driving me crazy :) What do I create there?

I feel like I can just relax and unwind when I am pulling weeds out back.
I feel like I am getting "dirt therapy!"
Their bedrooms can be a wreck BUT I can create a pleasant place in the garden for all of us to enjoy! If nothing else they come out to find out what is for dinner!
Anybody else using their gardens for therapy????

GinaYoungren

Asked by GinaYoungren at 4:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• i do! i can pull weed or trim bushes like a demon if i'm mad or angry at my dh..haha..best and quickest way to get the job done!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• ALWAYS!!! I zone out when I weed, water or trim the bushes. It is excellent, free therapy!! And you get a beautiful garden in the end!! Winters bum me out.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:03 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My husband says he can always tell if I had a bad day with the kids when the yard looks gorgeous!
    GinaYoungren

Comment by GinaYoungren (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I spent a lot of time in the garden when the kids were young - I could be at home. Why not try and "all white" garden - that way in the evening you could go outside and enjoy it.

I like the winter too when everything goes dormant - I like the crisp air and being able to clean up the garden beds and divide plants, etc.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2010