Question for pagans

Is your partner a pagan as well? Would you prefer to marry/be with a pagan or does it not matter to you? How do you handle religion in relation to your children if the two of you have different beliefs? What if those beliefs conflict each other? Thanks for your answers!

Miss_Kay

Asked by Miss_Kay at 4:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My DH is Christian. If I had my choice, he would be Pagan, just because it would make some things easier, but it really never mattered to me. We don't teach religion at all, so it's not an issue...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I am Pagan and my hubby is Jewish. We respect each other's beliefs and it's not a problem. We teach the girls about all religions and they will make their own choice as to what they want to believe.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 7:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• he is an agnostic. i'm not really sure how we're going to handle religion with our son (due in nov) for sure but i believe that he will be raised to have access to information about all religions and make his own choice.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My DH was raised Catholic and is now agnostic. It would be easier if we were the same... but we are not.being Pagan is a very personal thing to me, so I don't push it on anyone. I will share both Christan beliefs and Pagan beliefs with my kids and let them choose. I will teach them a good moral base and give them the tools to be good, upstanding members of this earth... but I will not cram religion down their throats!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• No, DH is not a pagan... I am thinking agnostic, but he doesn't like talking about it...
    But, he already agreed to how we were going to raise DS.... with a knowledge of as many beliefs as we can tell him about and let him choose his own path
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 8:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My dh is Lutheran... we are raising a grandson (9 yrs old now) and he is being taught about all religions...
    I was searching for my true path when we got married and was still considered Lutheran...
    It has worked out well...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My STB ex husband is Pagan also. He's the only Pagan real life friend I have, really. It doesn't matter what they believe, so long as they respect my beliefs and not be rude or forceful with their own. Our daughter will be raised learning about different religions so she can pick her own path when she's older. We decided to not just teach her one way of believing.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:56 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My husband is similar to me. He is eclectic and Im more IndoWiccan. But we dont clash or anything when it comes to main beliefs so its ok.
    I loved him when he wasnt LDS, I loved him when he hated religion altogether, I loved him when he agreed with what I was talking to him about when I found my path. So his religion or lack thereof has never been an issue and never would be and he feels the same towards me.
    Our children know a bit of our beliefs but because our entire extended family are LDS and various Christian denominations we tell them some of those beliefs as well. We dont push one thing nor another on them right now.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My husband is...well...basically a Deist. He believes "God is"...and that's about it. He lets me host Circles here, which is cool.

DD currently worships at the Church of Elmo. She is being exposed to many different religions and my choose for herself.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I have been married twice, once to a Baptist, who thought my Pagan ways were "stupid" and a Christian Heretic who thought Pagan meant "witch or warlock" so being with someone who knows of the Pagan believes would be a lovely change.
    MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 22, 2010