Has this ever happen to you. You tell someone that there kid is acting up, or just tell them what they are doing when you are babysitting, and the mom gets really defensive, like not my kid...it must be because they are with yours. As if their child would never do such things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have, Her daughter yanked keys out of my sons hand and then began to play with them, He dad got upset with her behavior and took the keys away. the mom got mad and yelled at him for taking them away then stormed out of my house. I followed her out and told her that it was wrong for her to get upset with what her husband did. He was right to take it away cause 1. its not a toy and 2 she pulled it out of my son hand when she could have asked.. I then told her that she needs to respect her husband and that its his daughter too and if she keeps undermining him infront of her she wont listen to her daddy........... the mom didn't get it and thought that it was ok for her daughter to behave that way.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 5:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Oh sure..it happens...none of us want to believe that our kids act up when not in our presence. Tell her what you have to tell her and if she doesnt like it well...thats not your problem. "Don't kill the messenger"
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Yup plenty of times. It happened once when I was watching a child and after me and the mother got into an argument over it I told her to never bring her child back again and slammed the door in her face.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 5:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Many people don't "see" some of the naughty things their kids do. It's pretty common. It's also very frustrating to be around. Those are usually the kids whose parents will defend them when the kid is holding a "smoking gun". It's especially awesome when they get college age and call their mommy on the professor because he failed them for never going to class.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:11 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• That happens at school with the kids all the time it also happened to my daughter when she was babysitting and it happens to a friend of mine on here that babysits. I think we don't want to believe that we have rotten kids.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Happens all the time. That's why I NEVER (unless the behavior is severe) complain about someone else's child. It only breeds resentment in the parents and damages the relationship. Also BTW, when I was a preschool teacher, we were actually forbidden to complain about the children, except under extreme or dangerous circumstances. (I worked for the University of Nevada - Las Vegas CSUN Preschool on campus)
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• yeah that happens sometimes but dont worrry what goes around comes around they will find out the real truth about there kid
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• It's happened a lot , I agree with PP I don't hassle with it unless it's severe.
    blessedmama4

Answer by blessedmama4 at 10:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2010