Ok I dont like this!!!

My son is 2 1/2 and he says girl stuff is cute. Should I be worried about this? BTW. My mom encourages this

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• NO Worries! He is Fine & only 2! LOL
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 5:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• do you say stuff is cute? does she? He could be saying it because he hears you guys say it
    I wouldn't worry about it at all- he's 2!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Girl stuff is cute. And he won't "turn" gay because he thinks it's cute. But, he could be gay from pure genetics. Besides, he is 2, he doesn't know from girl and boy really.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• He's TWO. No you shouldn't be worried about that. He doesn't know any different and it's wrong to tell him it's not okay to like girl things. He should be free to like whatever he wants.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• No, he's only 2 1/2.
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 5:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• OK Thanks
    noahsmommy12908

Comment by noahsmommy12908 (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Girl stuff is super cute. And I hate girls...hahahah just kidding.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• You sound like my MIL. She told me never to let my DS wear my heels because he will turn gay! How rediculous is that? So what? Your DS is learning that there is a difference between boys & girls toys & clothes. Maybe he like the sparkles & glitter on girls clothing. Today little boys clothing is so drab in dark colors. I don't blame the little guy for liking girls clothes better. They are more cheery. He has good taste.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• LOL i swore my dh was going to kill me when he got back from deployment, because while shopping my son would go around the racks and say "that's cute, that's cute, that's cute..." he's more into cars and stuff though, even when dd has her girl toys...he'll grab them and play with them for a bit, especially if it's a new toy, but he always goes back to his cars or whatever.

i do have a friend who has boys, we were sitting together at church the other day, they took some girl toys my dd wasn't playing with, and as soon as it was in their hand, their mom took it away, saying "no that's a girls toy, not a boys!" i don't get why parents are like that....they're just curious. and pink is bright. kids like bright colors lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My husband coaches football and at the games my son watches the cheerleaders. he is 3 now and he does their dance moves when we return home. the sad thing is that the moves are perfect that he does. ha! I truly believe they will grow out of it. My husband begs to differ though honey!
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 5:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2010