• In the Spotlight:

Can a pregnancy test show negative even if you are pregnant?

So, last month I started my period a week later than normal, but before I started, I was showing signs of pregnancy like nausea, boobs hurting and felt like they were heavier, constipation, more tired than normal, and other things, but when I took a pregnancy test it was negative. Then my period started and it ended after 3 days. Well, I took another test and it still showed negative. What can I do to know for sure? Or is there anything I can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• if your period was last month and your going off that test you need to do it again
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Yes it can. I took 4 tests, one every week for a month and they were all negative and now here I am. 8 months pregnant. Lol I wouldn't change it for the world though!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• AND I still had my periods. They were light but still there. I didn't find out till I was 5 months along. I thought I was just getting fat and lazy.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• yes when i got pregnant for the first time i took three tests and they were all negative, i didn't know i was pregnant until i had a miscariage.
    jolisca

Answer by jolisca at 7:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• yes when i had my 2nd my test never came back pos. i had to get blood work
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• YES! I took 2, two wks apart and they came out negative(had my period that month after all the tests). One month later I took 3 that came out positive. When I thought I was one month I was accually two (found that out at the doctors) so the first month the tests can be wrong.
    norma_lee

Answer by norma_lee at 8:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2008