i have a 18 month old boy and he hits and pinches everybody how can i get him to stop...

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Tell him firmly no. My youngest was doing this and I told him he can't hit and he stopped
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 5:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• when you figure it out, let me know. my dd pinches her older brother all the time. i think it's just her getting him back for everything he did to her when she couldn't defend herself lol. as for now, i tell her no and pop her hand. she's stopped doing it as much as she used to, so i think she's finally starting to get the hint GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Grab his hand the next time and say "Don't do that it hurts when you do and it's not nice to hurt people". Look serious when you do or he'll see it as being something fun to do.
    At times it works.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 5:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I did what Desert rose did - it takes time and being consistant like eventually he did stop - he is just learning to deal with new emotions right now..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Everytime he does it tell him, "I don't like it when you pinch me, it hurts." remove him away from you like in a play pen or somewhere else for a few minutes. He will learn that people don't want to be around you when you hurt them. Basic life skill.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Consistancy and the beginnings of learning action/reaction. Get down to his level on your knees look him in the eye and tell him We do not bite" "No Biting!". This age is a toughy. At 18 months they have no control over the emotions. Biting is a way of saying Im over stimulated.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 5:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2010