did you ever think that he would leave?

did anyone ever think that the bio dad would turn out the way he is. irresponsible, not paying c.s, just being a duch in general, drugs and alcohol? did you think they would be there and do the part. did you ever think they would let you and baby down?

Troy56

Asked by Troy56 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• no my husband is wonderful..sorry for yours leaving and being soo horrible but not all men are like that i am sure you will find some one better that will love you and your kids
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 5:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• That's the way some men are and I would expect that from most of them that are irresponsible and careless.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 5:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• The thought never crossed my mine.. We have 2 amazing girls my husband of 23 years as of May 23rd 2010 he has and still is an amazing father..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 5:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• When I got pregnant at 16. I just had a feeling that the guy would not "step up to the plate." EVERYONE, including his best friend, my friends, our shared peers, and my own parents really thought the guy would be there, take responsibility, and be a great father. The problem was, he told me he was happy about the baby and it made him feel closer to me. If he had just been honest, it may have had a better turn out. And age never played into the equation...no matter how old he became - he never reached out to take responsibility on his own. On the urgings of his ex wife (while they were still together) he did pop into my daughter's life when she was 10, and it was the biggest mistake ever. She became suicidal with horrible behavioral problems and deep self esteem issues. She was such a wonderful child up until then. She finally snapped out of it, however, there is permanent abiding damage. He was & still is a DOUCHE.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 5:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2010