My daughter can't poop. The doctors are think it is a rare disease called HD, has anyone else ever had to deal with this???

mel_forbes

Asked by mel_forbes at 5:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am not familiar with it, but here is a bump. GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 5:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Hirschsprung's Disease is that what she has? How old is she?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I would think they would have known about this way before being a toddler.. my son was tested for this at childrens hospital at 6 weeks old
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:55 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• naw...gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• HD can be missed in infants. We are going thru similar with my 21 month old who was a 29week preemie and hospitalized for 7weeks in the NICU with classic symptoms who was probably MISSED.
    She didn't have a bowel movement for 4 days, had NG aspirates of green bile 15 plus times, needed suppositories to pass stool etc.. At 3 months when home she was placed in the hospital for IV antibotics, for blood in her stool, upon Xray they felt it was a entercolitis, caused by Milk allergy. Took her off BM and placed her on special formula. This was a pediatric NICU GI, now we are at St. Louis Cardinal Glennon GI and they are FLOORED they didn't put all this together and test her sooner.
    Now after infections, 9lbs weight gain in 6 weeks from crap build up, the doctor we saw for the first time on Oct 28th rushed the test for Monday Nov 1 because he is sure its HD.

Its not uncommon for infants to not be caught until toddlers or children.
    PreemieMom.2009

Answer by PreemieMom.2009 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 31, 2010