my 18 month old pinches and hits people...my grandpaw in law hits and pinches him back but i dont like that

i cant tell him anything cuz then everybody will hate me..what should i do

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 6:02 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• teach ur son to not pinch and hit....i'm on grandaws side
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• NO ONE would ever hit my child! You need to teach him not to hit of course but I would never let anyone hit my baby no matter what! You are worried about people hating you so you let your baby get hit and pinched? Seriously?

Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Grandpa is validating the child's behavior, teaching him that it's ok to hit and pinch. (Grandpa thinks he is giving the child a dose of "how do you like that?", thinking it will make him stop)
    Hitting and pinching is not ok. I would remove my child (from Grandpa or from whoever he is with/whatever activity he is doing) and place him in a chair, playpen empty of toys, or crib. Each and every time he hits or pinches. And tell him why, every time.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• you got to think about it your grampa have raised kids a long time ago they think diferently you grampa in law might think he is theachign your son that it hurts and so he can feel what other people are feeling so he might be doing that. i think it would feel acward to say somethinf to your gempa in law withought sayig nthe same to you son thats not a behavior your supose to let it slide. what you should do as soon as you see him start doing it then you need to tell him not to and depending on your method of dicipline you need to do something put him in a time out or somethign as soon as the first time goes on if your grampa in law knows that you will put him in time out then he knows he wont do it to your son. but you need to be consistant abou ths because you if you just let him do whatever you want he will keep doing it
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 7:33 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• tell ur baby not to do it and let him know it hurts and tell grandpa you dont agree with what he's doin...its your child.since they're ur in laws they may not like you anyway...just a thought
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:02 PM on Aug. 17, 2010