Would you send him to school??

Eddie has a NASTY cold, so much snot I cannot even figure out where it is coming from, anyway, we have a half week this week, hes off Fri and Mon from school he didnt go today or yesterday because hes not himself and hes so so so so so stuffy.... hes coughing too ..... Im wondering, would you hold him out the rest of the week to get better and wait til next Tues to send back, or should I send back tomorrow for 2 days ... Im worried if I send him back the way he is he might come home with something else the stomach bug maybe thats going around, and I want to give him some time to get over this or get better at leaest before getting something else ..... and we have a long weekend... what would you do? This doesnt cost us anything because hes in a early intervention program and its in the school district, but I still want him to get the services .. its a 2.5 hr day...

bullynj

Asked by bullynj at 7:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I wouldn't send him to school. First you don't want him catching anything that will make his cold any worse then it already is. Secondly he may not get to pay attention to what is going on because he is sick. Finally I wouldn't want to send him so he wouldn't get the other children sick.
    Anonymous

• yaa with the respect to the other children and their parents i would keep him home too..its preschool..hes not missing much!! plus im sure the teachers dont wanna have to deal with it for that time..lol..plus if hes THAT sick, he wont really be able to concentrate that much anyways..no harm in keeping him home!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• If he is that sick, they will be calling you to come and get him. Every school has a policy on when to keep your kids at home, and I am pretty sure that this is one of them.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 7:08 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• keep him home. rather be safe then sorry. and his comfort would be better met at home then at school.
    Midnightduck515

Answer by Midnightduck515 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 13, 2008