What Would You Do?

My DH is so worried about what other people think of the name we have picked out for our son...and the more he mentions it the more stressed out I get. Both of us want family names. Our 1st son is already named after DH, and now he wants this one named after his grandpa, but I feel like it's only fair if we use a name from my side because we've already named 1 kid after his side, and we don't know if we'll have anymore kids after this. So, the name we have picked out is Fisher Jay Maughan and my DH is afraid people are going to make fun of him and call him Fisherman...which they probably will, but kids will make fun of just about anything right? I'm not as worried about it as he is because it has meaning and a strong background behind it. What would you do?

mishmashmom

Asked by mishmashmom at 6:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Have you considered Jay Fisher instead of Fisher Jay?
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 6:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We have considered that, but he will still be called Fisher so I don't think the order really matters. We both like the name Fisher, we're just afraid that because of our last name it will be an issue.
    mishmashmom

Comment by mishmashmom (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Aug. 17, 2010