Coconut Curry Chicken and Peanuts
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 sweet onions, thinly sliced
* 2 tablespoons curry powder, or to taste, divided
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
* 1/4 cup coconut milk, or more if desired
* 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
1. Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat until the butter is melted. Cook and stir the onions and 1 tablespoon of curry powder for about 5 minutes, to release the juice from the onions. Remove the onions with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving the juice in the skillet.
continued on next post...
at 6:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2010