Do you think that people should pass a test before becoming parents? adult content

At least a psychological test. If the test reveals that you are a stupid bitch with no regards to human life, you should be forbidden to ever have children. Look at this fucked up piece of shit, who killed her two children. How can a mother put her hand over the mouth of her toddler and hold it there while the child is squirming and wait til there is no movement. And she did that twice. I hope she will get the same treatment and some more. She is the devil.
http://kdka.com/national/south.carolina.drown.2.1863994.html

glenndoir

Asked by glenndoir at 6:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do actually. Darwinian selection can't be right all the time...
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• and if you accidently get pregnant as a teen, do they give you the test and if your unstable abort your baby??
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 6:17 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Yes,but how would you enforce that? Hypothetically speaking,of course.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:17 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• It's a pipe dream concept. Not meant to be taken seriously.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I just seen it in the news and this lady is crazy. She killed them because she couldn't take it anymore. Hell mine get on my nerves but its not that serious. A couple of weeks ago a lady killed her kids because they was autistic. She called 911 and told thm she did it because she wanted normal kids.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• no. I don't think that a test in is in order. Many tests are bias in the manner it is given - either related to race or socio-economic status. So no, I do not think a standardized test should be given. If a parent decides to spank do they fail? If a parent decides to not spank do they fail? What about organic vs. non organic foods served? Homeschooling vs. public education choices? Religion vs. atheist? Who decides what is the "right" environment for a child to grow up in? Of course most would agree an environment free from abuse and neglect. The reality is no woman really gets pregnant with the intention of neglecting or abusing her child. Unfortunately it does happen despite intentions to be better parents or a better person. What people mean really mean is a common sense test. That really can't be administered either because what is common to one is foreign to another.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 6:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Not about spanking and food, just psychological, to see if one is a potential criminal.
    glenndoir

Comment by glenndoir (original poster) at 6:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Too often people are thinking of cute little babies and do not realize how much of a chore they can really be at times...and it gets worse with age! I think maybe handing out a test to see what the patience level is in a person should be a good idea, lol, because it is not the state of mind that breaks a person to become a bad person,, it is tolerance and patience level of each person. My oldest has Asperger's but is better with the 5 yr old brother then say my 19 yr old who is very intelligent and outgoing.....just has no patience
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• but what is a potential criminal? So if you have criminals in your family, that would technically make you a potential criminal, and if you are bi-polar, or OCD, that also is a sociopathic tendancy! There is a fine line my dear! Plus, do you really think you would have passed? Have you ever stole a piece of candy as a child? That could lead you to major theft! Oh my the world today!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2010