What is the most creative lunch you've packed for your little ones school day?

(please don't say pb&j, I'm asking for CREATIVE ideas)

JacqulynClayton

Asked by JacqulynClayton at 6:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have none, sorry.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:17 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• As a single mom with a demanding career I've rarely had the opportunity to pack a lunch for my 17 year old.. but I have surprised him a quite a few times by picking up a grinder (term for a sub or hoagie in New England) or some Burger King or something like that and bringing it to him at school right before lunch. Anytime I have a meeting around lunch time and in our town I try to do that and he LOVES it! I also always write a note on a napkin and tell him how much he rocks and that I love him to pieces. (I also do this on money and text him alot with "love notes" too ..lol)
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I do a lot of roll ups. ( a sandwich rolled up in a tortilla.) We do turkey and cheese, banana and peanut butter, chicken salad.
    blessedmama4

Answer by blessedmama4 at 11:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Pineapple and cream cheese roll-up, apple slices and peanut butter sandwiches, left over meat loaf sandwiches, ants on log (peanut butter in celery stalks with raisins on top) frozen waffle toasted with whatever filling, leftover pancakes also substituted for bread. Taco in a bag= bag of corn chips with with taco filling in plastic bag , then in separate bag shredded cheese and lettuce, all combined at lunch time. Cut up raw veggies and fruit with favorite dressing to dip.
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 11:06 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Homemade chicken nuggets cooked and in a ziploc baggie (they like them room temperature), roll up sandwiches--chicken or tuna salad, cheese cubes and broccoli florets, fresh cut and peeled fruit, eggo waffles with separate mini packet of melted butter--again they like most of their food at room temperature, and cold noodle casseroles in a plastic container. Simple salad in a plastic container with separate packet of dressing. Plus the usual PB&J or cheese sandwich on wheat bread. One year I would put frozen pizza in my older son's lunch box as the teacher had a microwave in her room, and he could heat it up before going to the cafeteria!

I often put in homemade baked treats like cookies or a piece of cake when I think they can use the "pick me up!" :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:33 PM on Aug. 21, 2010