If there is a God, then why do babies die?

Can someone with lots of Bible experience explain this to me please?

glenndoir

Asked by glenndoir at 6:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Read the book The Little Soul and The Sun by Neale Donald Walsh
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 6:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I don't think anybody can fully explain why God does or doesn't do anything. We simply have to trust that He does have a plan and sometimes the plan includes some bad things or at least some things that don't appear good to us. I, too, have a child who did not live, and I have every assurance that I will one day hold my baby in Heaven. I so look forward to that day, so perhaps there is some kind of a reason hidden somewhere in that.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I believe that there is a bigger picture that we don't always understand fully, and may never. I have learned to accept this so that I can get through what I need to get through. I have to rely on the fact that some things just aren't meant for my understanding right now. I know many people who have turned horrifying loss into huge triumph and good. It's not easy, but I believe it can be done!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• The first book of the Bible relateshow God made the first man, Adam, and settled him into a paradise home. (Geneisis 2:7, 15) When starting out in life, Adam recieved work assignments, along with one strict prohibition. Regarding a certain tree in the garden of Eden, God told him "You must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positivrly die." ( Genesis 2:17) Hence, Adam understood that death was not inevitable. It was the direct result of violating a divine law. Tragically, Adam and his wife, Eve, disobeyed. They chose to ignore the will of their creator, and they reaped the consequences. "Dust you are and to dust you will return." God told them when he when he outlined the results of their sin. ( Genesis 3:19) The became seriously defective- imperfect. Their imperfection, or sinfulness, would lead to their death. This defect- sin- was also passed on to adam and Eve's offspring, the entire humane race.
    Janet

Answer by Janet at 7:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I dont have bible experiance but I think its not like god kills people. People have their own choices in life and there is deseases caused by man and things like that that may kill a baby. So I believe god lets us make our own choices but if a baby does die because of that he is there to great them in heaven.
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 6:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We certainly can't know the specific reason for specific people. I'm sorry that you lost your daughter.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I do not know the answer. I would like very much for there to be a God. But I also question it.
    I have lost two children. One at 10 and one at 27. It is impossible to understand.
    I know it would be much easier for me if I could just have faith, but I question and there are no
    "real" answers.
    Have you lost a child?
    The most helpful thing for me is to talk to others who have suffered this same loss. There are
    many support groups online and in person.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Because of the curse of original sin ... that brought death to every decedent of Adam. Prior to the Fall, death was a part of the process of life. All of mankind is born under this curse ... this is the reason why we need a Savior.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I'd like to know this too. I want to know why He took my daughter in 2000.......

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct answer....
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 6:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2010