Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

Answers (5)
  • 4 u? If so, find the school you want. apply for admission, send off for financial aid, register, go 2 school

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

  • Where I live, we have jefferson community colledge.They get people up to colledge level that have been out of the game for a while.Maybe there's something like that in your area.

    Answer by evelynwest at 4:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • If its for you and you are intimidated about where to go who to talk to i find registering online for community college is the best thing. Is very easy and they will refer you to a wesite so you can get started on your FAFSA...

    * Online
    * Walk in- most people are very understanding and once you are there you will realize its never too late!

    Answer by krubalc at 2:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

  • I am going to assume that this is for you, but the advice will work for anyone. First, state schools typically have special programs for folks that are non-traditional...meaning not straight out of high school. Contact the school that is closest to you and make an appointment with someone in the undergraduate admissions office. Depending on how you've been out of high school, you may not need to take the SAT or ACT. They will help get you started with the paper work and can direct you on applying for financial aid. If you qualify, the Pell grant doesn't have to be repaid and you should make that your first option. Continuing in another post...

    Answer by profmom922 at 8:21 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

  • If your high school gpa wasn't strong they will admit you to a provisional program for the first semester of so. This program will provide you with additional academic and social support until you demonstrate that you can carry a C or better average. I am on faculty in a state school and can tell you that a lot of my students are non-traditional and they do just fine. Don't be intimidated by the process...and do feel free to email me if you want to discuss this more in depth.

    Answer by profmom922 at 8:24 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.