PARTYLITE

i'm starting partylite to make some extra money to become financially stable for my son and the new baby and was just wondering if any of you have tried it and if it's worth it?

SpringMommy07

Asked by SpringMommy07 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Money & Work

• I have not personally tried it. My friend sells partylite. She is not really active anymore, she occasionally does a book show but that is about it. She said she is successful as long as she is doing parties but if not, she doesn't make very much money. She also said that if you are able to recruit people to sell partylite you make more money. I do have to admit that I love the candles and with Christmas just around the corner you may beable to make some decent money. But then again with the economy in such bad shape, you just never know. I hope you do well and I wish you luck:)
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 8:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I did Partylite a couple months back and it wasnt worth it for me. The items are really expensive and couldnt get anyone to order or even book a show. I finally gave up- I figured that if I couldnt afford the products my self that its not right I represent them you know? They do have fantastic products though dont get me wrong but rather on the expensive side.
    AmY403

Answer by AmY403 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I sold it for about a month. Too much hassle and it is expensive. And personally i think their candles suck. They don't smell at all. I get better smelling candles at walmart or home interior.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 8:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I don't think so... their things might be nice but they're way overpriced, so no one I know buys them.

If I were going to do one of those "party selling" businesses I'd do pampered chef because their things are actually really good quality, reasonable prices, and people get ADDICTED to them and become repeat buyers.
    Or tastefully simple, though I think their things are a little on the pricey end for what they are (though they're quite yummy!)
    ChapelleCDH

Answer by ChapelleCDH at 9:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i have partylite items for sale im selling them off for reasonable offer please email me at tjsbeans46@rock.com i also have other items here http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j63/tjsbeans4u/
    pinky91

Answer by pinky91 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I almost tried partylite, but what bothered me is the price. I lived in an area where people just wouldn't spend that much money on their items. I went with Scentsy instead. I'm not longer with them, however I did make $800 with them, I paid $100 to become a constultant so it paid off.
    melamommy24

Answer by melamommy24 at 2:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Hi, I am glad to you have decided to take charge and go into business for yourself. I have been in business with my husband for 5 years and have made a success of it. One thing we do is educate people BEFORE they make the decision to start a Home Business. Many start with a Company because they think everyone loves candles or everyone will love the pots & pans.
    There are important things one should consider when choosing a business. I don't know why you chose Partylite and they do have nice things. But the most important thing is TREND!

There is a book call The Wellness Revolution by Paul Zane Pilzer that explains it!
    Their are two videos I tell everyone to watch so they can better learn how to make the right decision. The videos do not speak of a certain Company. You can view them at www.hiliardgroup.net

Good luck to you!

usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 4:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I'm with a candle business. I made a list of things I wanted before selecting a company. I wanted an affordable and quality product. I wanted something unique, something where I didn't have to haul a lot of product, something with affordable shipping, something that would generate re-orders, and something that would allow me to sell online. The business supplies had to be very affordable too. Just some things to consider when looking at a business opportunity. Candles do sell.

Good luck.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 9:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• You would definitely benefit from the training I offer on network marketing. It's free, and you will learn everything you need to know about home business, how to be successful at it, know what to look for in a good company, how to market onlint, etc. You will have access to so many tools and knowledgable minds/personal help, all for free!
    I wish I would have found it years ago! Visit my profile to learn more, PM me and I'll give you my number so you can talk about your areas of need! To start the training visit: http://sally.mentoringforfree.com

To your success,
    Sally
    MamaKush

Answer by MamaKush at 11:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Im selling partylite but in Sweden and it goes really really well. :-)
    They love the candles and I havent had any problems with booking a party more like I cant find the time for all who wants a party.
    LadyIsobel

Answer by LadyIsobel at 9:14 AM on Mar. 28, 2009