my mil is building us a house behind hers and she said that we would be in it by oct and we would have our

house warming nov 24...well i already filled out our inventations and put nov 24 on them...but she has decieded to take a break on the house cuz she spent all the money for our house on her new boyfriend (also her ex husband)....so i dont know what to do or what i should say to her she is like two different people...when she talks to me she says dont worry it will be done but when she is in front him or her parents she says she dont know when it is goin to get done...

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 6:33 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I personally wouldn't have filled out the invites and set a date until the house was done
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Why aren't you taking care of your own housing?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 6:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Be thankful for what you get. Maybe you and your husband will have to finish your house with your own funds.
    P.S. I would buy a bottle of white out.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• i would leave it alone until she knows when the house is going to be finished. shes building you a house.. dont do anything to mess that up
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 6:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• my husband and i live with my mil and have for a while now..she bought my sil a house and now she is doing the same for us...but he is in school and neither one of us have a job right now so thats why we cant build our house
    jesslovesyou08

Comment by jesslovesyou08 (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Beggars can't be choosers.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 6:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If I was getting a house I wouldn't be too worried about a party. Throw away the invitations and don't worry about having a party until after the house is done.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Can't u have the house warming at her house and just put your gifts away until your house is finished.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If the house is not done on the date you picked, then have all the people come over and INSTEAD of giving you another toaster, have an old fashioned barn raising. Have all your friends help finish the house.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 7:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2010