If life is so much better in Heaven, why not go there right now?

As you can tell, I am a little depressed, because 4 newborns died yesterday in the hospital due to a short circuit. And some are saying that they are in a better place now. Tell that to the Mom who gave birth yesterday and now has no baby. I am not buying it either. I think this is it, after this life is NOTHING. Zero. Sit in the dirt.

glenndoir

Asked by glenndoir at 6:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• im sorry

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Heaven may be invented by man to try and make it through life and how unfair it is.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Lord have mercy on the mothers.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• sadI know how you feel. I just keep thinking how selfish I would be to leave this earth now when I know that my children need me and how heart broken they would be if I left this world early. I've always said that my children are my saviors, they keep me alive.

DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 6:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• G-d will only call us home to Heaven when our job on Earth is done. I will keep you and those Mom's in my prayers. Faith is something you have to feel deep in your gut. I hope you find the answers that you seek. I do believe in Heaven, that we will have to answer for our time on Earth and we will be judged accordingly. G-d Bless.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 6:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Their is def. not a thing worse than a baby died.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 6:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Oh my goodness, that is just horrible. Those poor babies.How did a short circuit cause this? Doesnt the hospital have a back up generator? I don't understand. :(
    That brings lots of questions to my mind.
    And yes, heaven is a wonderful place..and we can't go there when we want to because God will call us home when it is our time. For these newborns...it must have been there time. They must have already filled thier purpose. Its hard to think of that at this point, but your can't believe that they died just for nothing...its too hard to think of it that way.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:03 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• unless a person is of extreme age(as hopefully, we live to a ripe old age and our bodies simply wear out), or has a terminal illness brought on by nothing the medical community can explain or reason, i don't think death is welcomed to everybody, and i refuse to believe Heaven was ready for someone because of the wrong action of another. somewhere, someone screwed up and four babies are dead. its a terrible thing, an unfathomable thing to happen for nothing.
    those unconsolable mothers and fathers/families-i can't imagine what they must be thinking, other than legal action. things like this piss me off; it doesn't make me think ''oh well, i guess God needed them more than we did.'' that's bull..but if it helps ya sleep through the night, fine.
    i do believe in Heaven, and i have no reason to think those babies aren't there, its just the cause of their death i can't accept.
    i see a huge law suit in that hospital's future.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Well, I believe in an afterlife, but not heaven. I've often wondered similarly to this question though, If Heaven is so wonderful, why do Christians not want to die? I've never got a decent answer... Death is a part of nature, it's a part of life, a cycle... Without death life the world would be overpopulated, there would be no relief from pain, hunger or illness... While the death of a child or baby is tragic, think of all the things in life that those children don't ever have to deal with - pain, illness, heartbreak, loneliness, loss, depression... In many ways their death isn't always a bad thing. They aren't in pain now, the only ones who are - are those who remain. I can't imagine loosing a child - the thought alone breaks my heart. But at the same time, I think in some ways death is just as much of a blessing as life is.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I'm really sorry, there is nothing anyone can say to make this better. People say things because they need to say something and they mean well.  Mankind has been asking the same questions as you are for as we have been around,  and there are no answers that we can fully understand or be okay with. We all just have to find what we believe to be true, and for everyone that might be something different. I'm really sorry you are dealing with this, it has to be hard when you deal with death of newborns on a regular basis.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2010