my child crys allthe time help

my 2 month old cries all the time. even whenshe is being held she still dose sometime. shes not wet, hungry or any of that

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know this probably won't help but my son was the SAME way. I ended up taking him to the doctor because I thought there was something wrong that I couldn't see. Well.......he was healthy according to them so they diagnosed him as just being a colicky baby! My husband and I would literally take turns with him. It was mainly at the same time everyday and it lasted anywhere between 3-6 hours. NOT FUN!!! I wish you luck and I hope that you get some rest and some quiet soon. Oh and he hasn't grown out of it. He's 4 months old and still cries all the time. It's just not nearly as bad as when he was younger.
    Mommy2ALRJ

Answer by Mommy2ALRJ at 8:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Most likely it's colic. What is colic you ask? Colic is the fancy name for your baby cries a lot for no real reason. The official definition is a baby that cries for 3 or more hours, 3 or more days of the week, for 3 or more weeks.

No one who has not had a colicy baby will ever understand the hell you find yourself in. I've been there - as has Mommy2ALRJ. I had the best luck with a white noise CD playing in her room 24 hours a day. We used one of the "songs" on "For Crying Out Loud". Check out www.ColicShop.com for other ideas.

cont...
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Here are my main suggestions:
    Mark her 16 week birthday on your calendar. Things should be a little better by then.
    Make a list of things to try... baby swing, stroller ride, rocking, walking, dark room, outside... anything you can think of. Start at the top of the list and work your way down.
    Do not feel badlly if you put her in her room and leave her. You know she is not dirty or hungry. It is better to leave her to cry than it is to get so upset you want to hurt her. Colicy babies are MUCH more likely to be abused because the living hell of being a parent to a colicy baby just overwhelms the most patient parent.
    Keep an eye out for post-partum depression symptoms in you. Many moms of colicy babies develop PPD.

Good luck!
    kaycee14

• And it will get better. My daughter is a bright, happy, active toddler now. I survived, she survived - you guys will too.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Have you ruled out formula probs and have you tried gas drops. If you have tried them then its colic and I will pray for you!! Just keep yourself calm because if she feels that your getting upset then she will cry even more, and you thought she couldn't cry more. And if you need to put her in her bed shut the door and turn up the TV. There is no sense in both of you crying. Can your mom or MIL or anyone come help you out. Colicky babies are so rough. If you lived near I would come help. Good luck. It will be over soon enough!!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I'm thinking of you girl...If nothing works it's probably Colic and there's not much you can do for that. Just hang in there and it will be over soon!!
    ProudMomma2183

Answer by ProudMomma2183 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I hate to say it but some babies just cry. My son was that way.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• My son was like that. Still is sometimes and he is going to be 8 months in a week. He did have a milk allergy, so since he is getting breastmilk I took all cow milk/dairy out of my diet and he did do a little better. Other than that, he was still fussy. Get friends and family to help when they can to give you a break. I used to swaddle my son and sit on an exercise ball and bounce him. This worked. We also use white noise and had a womb bear. These were very helpful. We actually still play rain noise on a cd player at naptime and bedtime.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 9:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• My son was the same way - he had "colic" I guess -no reason to cry just cried ALL the time for 5 months.. and even after that he is still a fuss bucket, only to recently get better at 11 months, but still a serious, not laughing happy baby - I have taken him to doctor after doctor - my only advice is to ask for a lot of help - it's the only thing that saved me - I am not sure if you are feeling this either, but I had a very hard time with bonding with him because of the constant crying.. so if you do feel that way - don't feel bad - email me anytime
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2008