Does anyone else ever feel like they are so worried about making sure their kid turns out well behaved that they don't have the time to really enjoy their kid(s)?

I refuse to let my son turn out like these brat children I see in public all the time sassing and hitting their parents. Nothing scares me more than imagining an ill behaved child. So far everyone says my son is well behaved and he is almost a year and a half. I was just wondering if I'm the only person trying to find balance between discipline and bonding.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• Sure I worry. I think most people do but I bet there is not one mom on this site with kids that does not know the humilation of a grocery store temper tantrum...or the peeking her head out the kitchen door just in time to see her son throw a golf ball through the neighbors window. Kids like Mom's are human. They will mess up from time to time just like you and I do. I have 5 kids and just when I think I have seen or heard it all they come up with something new. As long as you teach them manners and that it does not cost anything to be kind chances are they are going to be just fine and make you proud...I would not trade mine for the world...broken windows and all.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Ahhh yes, the grocery store tantrum. I know this situation all 2 well lol. @ answer ur ?, yes I feel that way @ xs bc I've spent alot of x yelling instead of talking & that definitely takes quality x away from me that I should have spent w/ them. I'm getting better @ it, but no, ur not the only mother who feels that way.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2008