I saw someone talk about this in another question and have wondered about this but didn't want to ask her on her question. Didn't think it would be very respectful to her. adult content

Why do some place have femals circumcised? What does it do for them? And do they do it when they are a baby like with little boys?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Health

• They also don't do it as babies. They do it while they are old enough to remember and they forcefully hold the kid down and use a rusty knife to slice her whole clitoris off. They sew her up to where it will hurt to even have sex.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I hear they did it because they don't want woman to have orgasm so they would only marry once and not have any desire for a another man.. But I'm not 100% sure.
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 7:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• To my understanding... sex is not supposed to be enjoyable for a woman and that their are less likely to stray if sex isn't enjoyable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I think another reason is to make it look more appealing to a man. Probably also so women in those countries don't go around screwing different men. I think it's sick.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 7:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Here is an article on the subject: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_cutting
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 7:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• it's about females not getting any pleasure from sex and in some countries an uncle does it or a brother with a ceremonial knife passed down through generations. they basically grab and cut, making sure the female has no clitoris left bc that is where most females feel pleasure. many girls die from this and cannot "opt out" if their father is wanting this done.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• So sex won't be enjoyable for them. They do it when they reach puberty.....and a lot of places just hold them down and do it. No pain meds and no anesthesia. It's cruel and completely unnecessary. A lot of girls don't survive because of infection. It's sad really that there are still cultures that believe in doing this.

colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2010