water breaking?

I know some women when their water breaks its a big gush and some a trickle. All day I feel like I have to pee or like a bubble is trying to come out or pop. When I go sit on the toilet to go pee only a small trickles comes out and there is no yellow, it's clear. my mother in law saws I could be leaking since I have lost my plug or it could be getting ready to break. I'm having strong consistent contractions. do you guys think it could be my water leaking? jw

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 7:33 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like what happend to me b4 my water broke....you can go in and they will check you for any leaks GL!!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 7:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• i think you should go to the doc and get checked or er tonight, if you're leaking it's time to get the baby out
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• most likely yes
    mami323

Answer by mami323 at 7:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I felt a twinge type feeling. Like a pinch, I guess and then when I stood up, water was running down my legs. If you think so, they have a test that do to see if it is really your water that broke.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 7:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• How many weeks are you? If I were you I would go to the hospital or doctor just to be on the safe side. With my first child it was a BIG GUSH and it just kept on gushing for a long time. My last baby was born very early so I started spotting and with it was a small amount of fluid. And with my other child my water didnt break at all. So thats why its always best to get checked out! I hope everything goes well!
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 7:37 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Sounds like it could be. If you lay down does it still feel like it's "leaking"? My water broke with my oldest and I only knew it when I laid down because standing up or sitting his head acted like a plug. You should probably call your doctor especially since you're having contractions. Most doctors want you in the hospital as soon as your water breaks.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:37 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Could be your water broke! Mine broke, but it was a high rupture so to the drs it felt like it was my bag of water was still in tact. And I went back the next day because I would wake up out of a dead sleep leaking. I know it's gross - but you could also try smelling the liquid coming out of you to make sure.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 8:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I would go get checked out to see if it is amniotic fluid, but with mine I heard a pop and then there was a huge gush (all over my OB no less lol)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2010