Any tip on potty training. My son does not seem to get it

I have a two and a half years old son. I am trying to potty train him. It does not seem easy though, i have explained with words, showed me examples, gotten upset. He does it in the potty if you put him on it otherwise he does it in his diaper. This is being going on for about 3 months now... Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wait for signs that he is ready, such as being bothered by wearing a dirty diaper, and the ability to feel the urge to poop or pee. If he isn't showing those signs, then he probably just isn't ready yet. Give it some time. I know you're probably eager to get him out of diapers, but pushing him before he's ready won't make it happen any sooner. The average age for boys to potty train is over 3 years. Good luck!
    hollierobin

Answer by hollierobin at 10:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2008